Eric’s Risotto con Funghi, Noci e Mascarpone
Pairs Well With
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ½ cup Merry Edwards Chardonnay Olivet Lane
- 4 – 4 ½ cups beef broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian version)
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and then chopped.
Heat oven to 375˙F and toast walnuts for 8-10 minutes, chop and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat broth on low heat in a small saucepan.
Heat large saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add shallots and cook until barely soft (2-4 min). Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes. Add Arborio rice to mixture stir for one minute until rice is toasted. Add wine and reduce heat to low, scrape browned bits from bottom of pan while stirring. Once wine is almost absorbed ladle ½ cup of warmed broth and cook until almost absorbed, adding additional ½ cup increments of broth until rice has reached desired consistency (20-25 minutes).
Remove from heat and add mascarpone cheese and walnuts. Bon Appetito!