Lemon Risotto with Asparagus
Pairs Well With
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Lemon zest from two lemons
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ cup of white wine (preferably Merry Edwards)
- 4 cups of low-salt chicken broth, heated
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 8 stalks of asparagus
- 1 cup of cooked chicken breast (optional)
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, grated
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy pan over medium high heat; add chopped onions and cook until onions are translucent, but not brown. Stir in rice and cook for 2 minutes. Add wine and stir until absorbed by rice. Add chicken broth ½ cup at a time and stir continuously. Add additional broth as it is absorbed by the rice, reserving ½ cup to add later. Risotto is ready when all broth is absorbed and rice is al dente. Approximately 30 minutes total cooking time.
Salt asparagus and toss in 1 tablespoon olive oil, then roast for 10 minutes in 400-degree oven. Chop into ½-inch pieces and add to fully cooked risotto. Add in chicken, ½ cup of broth, lemon zest, lemon juice and parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste.